NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN A PRIZE.
- HOW IT WORKS: From April 1, 2019 – April 30, 2019, or while supplies last (“the Sweepstakes Period”), contestants may visit participating Express Stop (“Sponsor”) locations and enter for a chance to win one of the prizes specified below. The odds of being selected as a winner depend upon the number of entries throughout the duration of the sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: Only open and offered to legal U.S. residents who reside in Michigan and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who are, or who register to become an Express Stop Points loyalty member with a valid email or phone number on file (“Contestant”). Employees of Express Stop and/or any Sponsor and/or integrated services provider of Sponsor, immediate family members and individuals residing in their same household are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited.
- HOW TO PLAY: Scan your loyalty app, loyalty card or use your alternate ID when you make a purchase at a participating Express Stop store in Michigan or Ohio. Every unit purchased of the FEATURED PRODUCTS listed below while using an Express Stop Points Rewards account equals one (1) entry into that specific FEATURED PRODUCTS unique sweepstakes.
- HOW TO PLAY WITHOUT PURCHASE: To enter by mail without a purchase, hand print your name, Express Stop Points card number, mailing address, city, state, zip, date of birth, email address and daytime phone number and the words “Win Free Gas for a year Sweepstakes” on a 3”x5” card, and mail in a first class stamped envelope to: Express Stop Win Free Gas for a Year Sweepstakes, 3057 Davenport Ave, Saginaw, MI 48602. Express Stop and Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, postage-due, illegible, delayed, stolen, or misdirected mail or entries. Entrants are limited to ten (10) entries per household per day. By participating, entrants agree to these Rules. Failure to comply with this or any other Official Rules will result in disqualification. No mechanically reproduced entries are permitted. Illegible or incomplete entries are void.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES:
- Grand Prize: Four (4) winners of Free Gasl for a Year. There will be one winner selected from each product group. Maximum retail value for total prize is $2,200. Prize will be awarded as a two (2) $21 fuel coupons which will be loaded on the winner’s Express Stop Points Loyalty App each week for the next 52 weeks.
- DRAWING: A random drawing from each of the four product groups from all entries, including mail-in entries, will take place on or about May 22, 2019. Winners will be notified by email and/or phone. Winners must provide valid identification when claiming any prize. Individuals are eligible to win one (1) time a year. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Express Stop and Sponsors reserve the rights to substitute prize with prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: The prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be given to the winning Contestants after being contacted by Sponsor, validation of Express Stop Points Rewards account registration information, compliance with these Official Rules, and execution of an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability form. All potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the sweepstakes rules before any prize will be awarded. All taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
No more than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Entries not legitimately obtained and/or used in accordance with these Official Rules are void. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contestants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this sweepstakes.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor, the Michigan Lottery, PepsiCo, Redbull, Hershey Candy Company and those acting under their authority to use a winner’s name, photograph, voice and/or likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide on the World Wide Web, without notice or review or approval. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
- INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in this Promotion and/or accepting a prize, Contestants/winners agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, the Michigan Lottery, PepsiCo, RedBull, Hershey Candy Company, PDI/Outsite Networks and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies from and against any claims made by winners, entrants, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Promotion as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion.
- INTERNET: In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the Express Stop Points Rewards account will be deemed to be the registrant or Contestant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned a Express Stop Points Rewards account by Sponsor or other entity responsible for assigning Speedy Rewards accounts for the Sponsor. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, technological or otherwise, which corrupt, disrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any and all aspects of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to randomly select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Caution: Any attempt by any individual to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law.
- GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES: Contestant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio or the appropriate Ohio State Court located in Montgomery County, Ohio; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will a Contestant be permitted to obtain awards for and Contestant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICSTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the state of Ohio, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of winners, mail a stamped self-addressed envelope to: 3057 Davenport Ave, Saginaw, MI 48602. Request must be received within thirty (30) days after the winners are chosen.
- FEATURED PRODUCTS:
- Michigan Lottery Instant scratch tickets*.
- PepsiCo- 20oz Mountain Dew branded soda products
- Redbull- 12oz Red Bull Products
- Hershey Co- King Size Reese’s branded candy products
*Draw games are not eligible for the program and, therefore, will not earn entries into the Sweepstakes. Draw games include: Classic Lotto, Club Keno, Daily 3, Daily 4, EZ Match, Fantasy 5, Fast Cash, Keno, Lucky For Life, Mega Millions, Online Game Card, Poker Lotto, Powerball, & Raffle.
The Express Stop Points Rewards Win Free Gas for a Year Sweepstakes is not a Michigan Lottery game and participation does not affect or alter the rules, requirements, or odds of winning a Michigan Lottery game.